Out of order posts - list doesnt like long emails

Chris Wright chris at ausregistry.com.au
Thu Jul 16 09:14:23 CEST 2009

Given how quickly the last 2 of my 3 posts have gone through the mailing list, I assume my first post was blocked due to size, subsequently I have broken the first post into 3 emails, this being the first - basically just a who am I so that you understand the context of my posts

So now out of order:

As this is my first post to this list, a very quick background, for setting the context purpose only:
 - AusRegistry is the .au domain name registry. Our registry software is in use in several other TLD registries many of which are eagerly awaiting their ccTLD IDNs from ICANN
 - We have been following this list for a the last 12 months or so
 - We have spent the last almost 12 months implementing IDNs (IDN 2008) in our registry software, implemented all of the current drafts with the exception of mappings
 - We have, especially focused on Arabic IDNs and IDN 2008 (see Arabic comments further down)
 - Now have a fully working initial implementation that includes configurable elements to address registry policy controls such as generation, bundling and blocking of variants etc

2 more emails to follow re: Context Rules

Thanks

Chris Wright
Chief Technology Officer
AusRegistry Pty Ltd