U+07FA, NKO LAJANYALAN (was Re: consensus on TATWEEL)

Marie-France Berny mfberny at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 13:13:03 CEST 2009

Dear Vint,
I am afraid there is a misunderstanding. You may want to decide a rough
consensus to DISALLOW TATWEEL at protocol level. But there was no  95%
support. There is a full france at large discent that was also documented by
ASIWG Iranian contributors. However, that discent is based upon good reasons
that may be included in final consensus:

- no DISALLOW should be imposed but adopted by the concerned parties and
persons. (It would be like disallowing "w" because it could be replaced by
"uu" in English).
- no DISALLOW should be imposed through a MUST
- no DISALLOW should be imposed at protocol level.

MFBerny