Eszett

Cary Karp ck at nic.museum
Sun Jul 12 12:04:41 CEST 2009

> Can you summarize some sort of bottom line out of this extended essay?

There are two bottom lines:

1. I'm adding my voice to those who are frustrated by the periodic
reopening of resolved questions on this list to no productive end. (I am
fully aware that my latest contribution can be faulted for protracting
this still further.)

2. I feel that it is reasonable for a language community to expect the
IDN repertoire to be able explicitly to include all of the literal
elements of its alphabetic writing system (if cameral, with upper case
converted to lower), without having to make any argument on this list.
(I don't know how to state the extension of this in the syllabic and
ideographic realms but since we're stuck on two letters at the moment
that doesn't make a diff.)

/Cary