Proposed change to the charter to do IDNAv2 instead of IDNA2008

Harald Tveit Alvestrand harald at alvestrand.no
Fri Jan 23 04:55:34 CET 2009

I am against both the idea that "IDNAv2", as described below, is less
complex to get right than "IDNAbis", and the idea that spending another
6 months fiddling around with the spec is reasonable (even if we could
hold to a timeline, which this group has been notoriously bad at). For
one thing, that makes "IDNAv2" likely to be finished well after IDNs
have been introduced in the root.

I think we're just about done, and should just sign on the dotted line.

(Note: due to holidays and recent developments at work, I have been
unable to follow the discussions on the list since late December. I
can't even promise to catch up soon.)

                    Harald Alvestrand