Valid/invalid Label

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Sat Feb 28 13:50:58 CET 2009

Dear Patrick,the main difficulty with multilingualisation is that it belongs
to a multilateral approach of the internet architecture. When it considers a
feature that seems to be foundamental to an unilateral approach, it only
consider adding a new degree of possibility. In that form of architectural
thinking more structural control by the TLD Manager must be fully
structurally interoperable with less structural control by the TLD Manager.
You see from this remark that you have two entities to consider : the
structure and the TLD Manager. The TLD Manager decides of the structural
supports it wants out of the range of possibilities offered by the
protocol.

Please note that the less a TLD Manager has structural control, the more
zone managers have control (this is decentralization): this increases the
systemic complexity of _that_ TLD, and the complexity of the whole TLD
exosystem (DNS) where other TLDs may have different system complexity. The
role of the protocol is to reduce that complexity in simplifying the inner
intelligence (how its various elements relate together) of that system. This
is the Maupertuis' least-action principle which confirms, for more than 250
years, every scientific and technical achievement.

For the time being, I feel that the least action in the IDNA case is the
variation of the second element in the "x.--" prefix. It necessary calls -
but does not impose - for the Alireza's TLD autonomy. It can also use but
does not require systematic dnslocales or new RRs. It does not interfere
with DNSSEC and fully permit virtual zones (from virtual root down to
crosslinguistic ledgers, i.e. common rules, procedures, registration,
services, etc. to zones of same linguistic background).

I hope it helps.
jfc