Esszett, Final Sigma, ZWJ and ZWNJ

Patrik Fältström patrik at frobbit.se
Tue Feb 24 00:34:49 CET 2009

On 24 feb 2009, at 00.17, Paul Hoffman wrote:

>> Sweden had a special rule for this during the sunrise of original
>> addition of IDN domain names. At that time, the only ones that
>> could register domain names in Sweden where the ones that had a
>> name of a person or organisation that had some connection to the
>> registered name. During the sunrise, the ones that had a
>> translitterated domain name (ö -> o for example) could get a domain
>> name in the first round of the sunrise.
>
> So, a sunrise period but no bundling, correct?

Oh, btw, we did discuss bundling, but we decided to not do so because
(one of the reasons at least) one did not know whether a registration
for (stupid example) kolle.se was a registration for kolle.se, or in
reality kölle.se. As the registry could not know, no bundling could
happen. It had to be up to the registrant.

    Patrik