Changing the values of domain names and the need for mapping

Cary Karp ck at nic.museum
Fri Feb 20 18:41:54 CET 2009

>>The largest part of those plans involve marketing and client
>>relations issues that cannot possibly be of concern here.
>
> We fully disagree here. The largest part of the plans is how to
> operationally handle the mapping / bundling / binding of the names.

I've already done what I can to indicate how I feel about the mapping
issue which, indeed, is a key concern here.  I can only reiterate my
belief that bundling and binding are the business of registries, pure
and simple, and hope that other voices from that side of the fence will
chime in.

> If you think this is really just about marketing, maybe we should
> take this discussion to the DNSOP WG.

Do they deal with marketing issues?

/Cary