the position france at large takes

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Sat Feb 7 17:55:26 CET 2009

Unfortunately, our deadline has been reached in total silence on the
usually active WG/IDNABIS mailing list. The framework of our document
is, therefore, settled. I still might influence some content with
contributions that I receive during this present business day.

FYI, we pose several questions to the Government about the
multilingualization as expected by the people and interoperability
with the internationalization as proposed by the IETF. We underline
the need for their interoperability when possible. We pose the
question of paralleling the internationalization effort with a
multilingualization R&D and deployment, in turn making
internationalized domain namessupported by a multilingual
presentation layer that could be emulated through either
applications, classes, extensions of TCP/IP, etc. or new propositions.

We also ask who will be in charge of the necessary Internet polynym
(name of the same invariant concept in every language) terminology
that multilinguistic propositions call for within documentation,
relations, contracts, and support.

This goes along with our consideration of:
* the European Charter of Minority Languages and the need to support
(1) the various ( Languages in France?) (2) the other languages of
the European  community and of its immigration, which calls for
European co-operation.
* the French Constitution art. 75-1, which states that regional
languages are a part of the French patrimony.
* the needs of the French/European e-commerce exportation, at least
for the French territorial zone, to be supported by a TLD in every
ISO 3166 listed language.
* Intersem semiotic strata R&D advocacy.
* our question for national security reasons, vital/critical
installations' protection, legal root operations' log archiving,
privacy and intelligence protection, DNSSEC, the people's trust,
etc., of the implementation of a national duplicate of the root
system and of a European virtual root file.
jfc