PostWG IDNA2008 implementation, transition and deployment document preparation

Cary Karp ck at nic.museum
Thu Dec 17 14:16:29 CET 2009

> I have however a question: .MUSEUM is an ASCII extension
> which has no right to contribute to FAST TRACK. I also understand this
> is true for ASCII ccTLDs and IDNgTLDs (existing ones or projected ones).
> This is surprising to me as the basis for transition rules can only be
> in conformance with RFC 5226?

Despite the question mark at the end of this, I'm afraid that I can't
tell what the question is.

.MUSEUM has not participated in the Fast Track process in any manner
whatsoever.

I cannot see any heading in RFC 5226 under which the ICANN IDN
Guidelines fall. They are not protocols nor otherwise maintained as an
RFC, and the IANA does not participate in their development.

/Cary