Re-sending TXT form of Proposed IDNA2008 Transition Idea

Steve Crocker steve at shinkuro.com
Mon Dec 14 21:17:50 CET 2009

Patrik,

Thanks.  Let me say this a bit more carefully.  My wording was indeed
imprecise.  The meaning I intended, particularly in the ICANN arena
where the registries are restricted from initiating registrations, is
that the registrar would registrar the variants on behalf of the
existing registrant at no cost for a limited period of time.  This is,
of course, a particular PR/marketing approach, which I am suggesting
but not insisting on.  In this sense, it's exactly a plan that
includes "PR/Marketing, pricing structure, and pure mechanics so that
the registrants (and their customers) are surprised as little as
possible."

Steve