More detail: a sketchy idea for expressing zone policy

Shawn Steele Shawn.Steele at microsoft.com
Wed Dec 9 22:39:12 CET 2009

I wouldn't call it a bad idea.  Certainly any idea that might get us a bit better behavior is worth discussing :)  You never know what might evolve from an idea.

I was kind of thinking that this is sort of related to the server-side mapping question.  There was an earlier suggestion that moving mapping to the server side would be good.  In that case I could imagine that any deviations from the standard mapping could be communicated between servers (though it seems hard).  DNS, however seems very rigid with fairly simple mapping rules, so I'm not sure that'd get traction.

-Shawn