Bundling

Shawn Steele Shawn.Steele at microsoft.com
Mon Dec 7 21:11:21 CET 2009

> You wouldn't know, so don't start from upper case sigma. :)

Ah, that's the trick.  AFAICT various marketing departments don't particularly care what DNS does, they are just used to certain forms of names, so the name they wanted plastered on the side of a bus might be all-caps.  (Although if I were a CamelCased company I don't think that'd be my first choice).

So, for companies that might want to do this, it seems they might just register both forms.  Since the actual "correct" form is clear, I don't think it matters if lookup disallowed a distinction between the two.

- Shawn