Bundling

Shawn Steele Shawn.Steele at microsoft.com
Mon Dec 7 20:56:36 CET 2009

> So it's not clear to me if bundling of sigma and final sigma is necessary.

AFAIK: The only reason to bundle them would be if you presume that mapping is necessary, since lowercasing the Greek would be unclear in some cases.

> Agreed. IMHO for .gr this is doubly so (they might choose to bundle,
> but  speaking only as a reader of ancient Greek I'd say there's no good reason to).

Unless they want all-caps to lowercase to a word where the sigma wasn't clearly final (camel cased vs single word)

> μεγεθοςσοφια.gr You would never have μεγεθοσσοφια.gr

Yes, but when lowercasing, how would you know to use the ς in the middle of the string?

-Shawn