Additional thoughts on TRANSITIONAL

"Martin J. Dürst" duerst at
Mon Dec 7 11:56:25 CET 2009

Hello Shawn,

On 2009/12/05 4:25, Shawn Steele wrote:

> Additionally, IF we chose to address the presentation aspect of the problem,
then we could also address numerous other presentation problems at the
same time.
English users are currently happy, DNS is "case preserving", so they can
get or or if they want.

I tried and, and in both cases, the
upper-case letters get changed to lowercase by DNS (*not* as a result of
a HTTP redirect, which happens at both sites). So if English users are
currently happy, it sure cannot be because of the casing properties of
the current (ASCII-only) DNS, or can it?

Regards,   Martin.

#-#   mailto:duerst at