Bundling

Lisa Dusseault lisa.dusseault at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 20:35:21 CET 2009

I don't see where that principle begins and ends.  If it were entirely true,
zone operators would be entirely free to register xn--garbage as a domain,
entirely free to register DISALLOWED characters.

Since it is in the purview of IDNA designers to make a character valid or
disallowed,  wouldn't also be in the purview of IDNA designers to say
something like "This character becomes valid on date 01/01/2020", right?  So
why wouldn't it be in the purview of IDNA designers to also say something
like "This character becomes fully valid on date 01/01/2020, but until then,
may be registered if it is bundled with another sequence"?

Doncha love slippery slopes :)

Lisa