WG/IDNABIS LC

Elisabeth Blanconil eblanconil at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 01:49:20 CEST 2009

Dear Vint,

The IDNA is a key issue for the IUCG as a paradigm for the future of
the Internet. This is why we invested much in it. There is therefore a
need to make sure its description document set reflects a complete
IETF and users consensus. To help this, we keep track of the
WG-IDNABIS/LC requested and received answers. The IAB Draft on IDN has
been added because some of some aspects which are important to the
background and to the future of the Multilingual Internet.

As you know we collectively carry this work in maintening an updated
wiki page at http://wikidna.org/index.php?title=WG-IDNA_LC. We plan to
publish it as an Internet Draft at the end of the Last Call, to (1)
help the final smithing of its document set and (2) show the consensus
(it will be introduced by JFC) over the achieved texts before the
IETF/LC. Would it be better introduced as an independent submission or
as a WG document?

Best regards.
Elisabeth Blanconil