Tamil Numerals in IDNA - Re: WG Last Call for Four

Shawn Steele Shawn.Steele at microsoft.com
Tue Aug 25 02:55:47 CEST 2009

I also disagree.  This kind of case-by-case exception doesn't scale.  Registrars can avoid them if desired.

-Shawn

------------------------------

Message: 6
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 12:02:23 +1000
From: James Mitchell <james.mitchell at ausregistry.com.au>
Subject: RE: Tamil Numerals in IDNA - Re: WG Last Call for Four
        Primary IDNABIS I-Ds
To: Vint Cerf <vint at google.com>, Gihan Dias <gihan at cse.mrt.ac.lk>
Cc: idns <idns at icta.lk>, Patrik F?ltstr?m <patrik at frobbit.se>,
        "idna-update at alvestrand.no" <idna-update at alvestrand.no>,        lisa
        Dusseault <lisa.dusseault at gmail.com>

I disagree.

This is a result of case-by-case analysis of individual characters.  If one
does not want the characters in a label then do not allow them during
registration.

James

Message: 7