Tamil Numerals in IDNA - Re: WG Last Call for Four Primary IDNABIS I-Ds

Paul Hoffman phoffman at imc.org
Sat Aug 22 18:27:49 CEST 2009

At 11:40 PM -0400 8/21/09, John C Klensin wrote:
>Thanks for the clearly-written note.  I think several of your
>conclusions about this WG's work are incorrect.  That is my
>opinion.  Others may disagree.

Or agree, as the case might be. I support all of John's response other than "I still haven't formed an opinion" on the other Indic digits; I have, and it remains like this one.

I would heartily encourage the Tamil language community to write up a description of why registries should not register these digits as an Internet Draft with the intended outcome being an Informational RFC that can be easily found and widely read. I say the same thing to *all* language communities on any thoughts they have about characters for which they have more knowledge than average.