Tamil Numerals in IDNA - Re: WG Last Call for Four Primary IDNABIS I-Ds

Kim Davies kim.davies at icann.org
Fri Aug 21 05:25:56 CEST 2009

On Aug 20, 2009, at 8:12 PM, Gihan Dias wrote:

We considered this approach, but then how would an individual registry
decide whether to allow or disallow a character unless it were in an
official document (e.g. an RFC)?

Hopefully appropriate experts in the language would develop an IDN table for a registry, who would in turn publish it for other registries to adopt. This is common practice today, see http://www.iana.org/domains/idn-tables/

kim