Integration of BIDI into the protocol

James Mitchell james.mitchell at ausregistry.com.au
Tue Aug 18 02:08:23 CEST 2009

I am not attempting to reopen discussion on inter/intra label tests.

To clarify my earlier email, I am not concerned about the display
ordering of the name in question.  The issue is a mismatch between the
registration and lookup protocols.

The registration protocol asks the question of the label '123abc', which
left-to-right is not required to satisfy BIDI.  However, the lookup
protocol says that one SHOULD apply the BIDI test (on I assume the
name).  Applying the BIDI test to this name will fail and the name will
not be looked up.

As a registry, should I allow registration of the name 123abc.RTL?
As an application, should I lookup the name 123abc.RTL?

Thanks,

James Mitchell