Status of the mapping proposals?

Elisabeth Blanconil eblanconil at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 19:27:21 CEST 2009

2009/4/24 Andrew Sullivan <ajs at shinkuro.com>

> On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 03:21:58AM +0200, Elisabeth Blanconil wrote:
>
> > --  (ii) A change to the ACE prefix from "xn--"
> >
> > This is not the case. However ASCII case sensitive support may require an
> > additional prefix.
>
> As far as I understand it, ASCII case-sensitivity was _never_ a goal.
> If it is, I will have to object very strongly.

There is nothing to object.

The ".fra" project is destined to support the full French language
scriptural bandwidth and therefore regular pragmatic environment. Our job is
to support semantic addresses (i.e. also domain names) the semantic of which
demands majuscules. This has nothing to do with the way English language
scripting has been supported so far by DNS, nor even with the DNS (as long
as the Charter is respected and no mapping is specified at protocol level).

I frankly do not understand your objection, nor the reference to some post
modern philosophers? I suppose that you confuse the SA/DN layers that I said
I will try to document this WE. Why not just to give a few days and discuss
an I_D?

All the best
Elisabeth Blanconil.