confusing labels

John C Klensin klensin at jck.com
Mon Apr 13 00:38:33 CEST 2009

--On Monday, April 13, 2009 00:02 +0200 Jaap Akkerhuis
<jaap at NLnetLabs.nl> wrote:

> The next message "Saudis ban 'lewd' license plates"
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7995865.stm
> made me giggle. Of course, IDNA will have to deal
> with this problem as well :-).

IDNA, as a protocol, does not.  It is going to be a lot of fun
for registries and those who regulate them, especially given the
number of words that people can find offensive, especially when
one script is transliterated into another.

In particular, I think we should extend our best wishes to ICANN
:-;

Sigh.