Mapping Stability/Storage (was Re: M-Label or MVALID, and dangers with mappings?)

Mark Davis mark at macchiato.com
Sun Apr 12 03:13:34 CEST 2009

Sure.
(1) A browser captures a URL from an address bar, and sends it to a backend
program, as is. The second process examines it for spoofing issues, and
communicates back to the first. Remapping loses information that might be
relevant to the user.
(2) I include http://ÖBB.at in this email message. My emailer is IDNA aware,
and recognizes this as a URL. I send the email to yours, which is, I
presume, also IDNA aware. I don't want either one to lowercase it.

The question to back to you is what concrete problems are solved by making
this a MUST.

Mark