Tables and contextual rule for IDEOGRAPHIC ITERATION MARKs

"Martin J. Dürst" duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp
Thu Apr 9 09:59:22 CEST 2009

I understand that there is a desire to add some context constraints for
middle dot, but I don't understand why we need constraints for
Ideographic Iteration Mark. In my opition, the context given by Yoshiro
is correct, but the chance that this character gets confused with
something else is as big or as little as any other randomly picked
character, so I don't see why we would need context. Is it that this is
a punctuation character, that we can only exceptionally include
punctuation characters, and only if they have context?

Regards,    Martin.

#-# http://www.sw.it.aoyama.ac.jp   mailto:duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp