Remider: BIDI inter-label tests in -02

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Sat Sep 6 03:30:29 CEST 2008

At 00:44 06/09/2008, John C Klensin wrote:
>Again, see Andrew's note as a starting point.  If we can make those
>problems go away somehow, my position on this softens. But, perhaps
>unlike Andrew, I do not believe that changing the terminology in
>Protocol will help at all with the underlying problem.

I tend to think using "pre-registration" and "pre-resolution" would
help for the reasons that Andrew gives, but also because there is no
way to enforce pre-registration rules. They will most probably not be
often applied in reality, moreover if the intent is malware. This
means that as much as possible registration and resolution should be
independent from uncorrect pre-registrations and pre-resolutions.
jfc