Consensus Call Tranche 8 Summary - Addendum

Martin Duerst duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp
Thu Oct 23 03:52:02 CEST 2008

At 03:47 08/10/23, John C Klensin wrote:
>Mark,
>
>Thanks.  I will save this text in case there is agreement that
>it should be used.

Yes, please (with Ken's changes)

>I believe that the first questions are the
>ones that Andrew stated implicitly: whether we believe Rationale
>should evolve in this direction and,

My understanding was that background and advice for Registries
was always portraied as part of the motivation for Rationale.
Maybe the focus was more on background, but I think this addition
can be done very well when explaining the fact that we included
all scripts, including historic ones.

>then, whether this type of
>comment and pointer is the optimal (or only) one to make.

It's much better than nothing. If anybody has other pointers
or comments, please let them come forward.

Regards,    Martin.