Consensus Call Tranche 7 (BiDi Model)

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Thu Oct 16 17:05:28 CEST 2008

At 07:13 16/10/2008, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:
>If it's not possible to conform to IDNA200X, this WG has failed.

I am afraid it is true. And this does not only concern the protocol,
but practical and economical feasibility. However, I am afraid this
is also true if it is not at least advisable for good economic
reasons to conform to IDNA200X.

This is like IPv6. For years it is possible and globally advisable to
switch to IPv6. Yet, what is the personnal advantage? Until now I
have seen none which makes a difference. "xn--" domain names are
worth as much money as others domain names (otherwise it is a TBT -
Technical Barrier to Trade) so, they must cost no more (pain,
training, support, legal fees, staff, etc.).

jfc