Consensus Call Tranche 1 (Document Organization)

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Fri Oct 10 14:28:22 CEST 2008

In some working groups, to avoid this problem (be it real or not --
although the "problem" can be discussions of this type), the chairs have
adopted a policy to _require_ positive confirmation before declaring
consensus.  The idea is that if chairs can't get at least a few working
group members to state support for something, there is likely a bigger
problem.

I think it is a good policy.  Possibly it could be discussed in some
IETF policy document, if that is not already the case.

/Simon