Consensus Call Tranche 4/5 (Settled Textual Issues and IANA Considerations

Andrew Sullivan ajs at commandprompt.com
Tue Oct 7 23:02:26 CEST 2008

On Mon, Oct 06, 2008 at 05:00:24PM -0400, Vint Cerf wrote:
> DUE DATE: OCTOBER 10, 2008 (ET)
>
> Place your reply here: [NO]
>
> COMMENTS:
>
> (4.a) The explanation of mappings in Rationale-02 and later is
> satisfactory.   (R.24)

I still don't think I understand it, I can't tell whether it's
normative (whatever that would mean in this context), and I'm still
bothered by the nagging feeling that it allows just about anything to
be considered a "label" in some contexts.  I appreciate that I've been
a laggard in responding to this issue, but since there's a deadline of
10 Oct and since we have to agree to everything or nothing, I have to
say "no".

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at commandprompt.com
+1 503 667 4564 x104