No subject

Tue Nov 18 23:43:20 CET 2008

second- and lower levels of the DNS, and from all I&#39;ve understood of<br=

the discussion of the introduction of A-labeled TLDs into the root, the<br>
wisest way to address the issue of mapping (and perhaps the only sure<br>
way to avoid cultural quicksand turning into political dynamite) would<br>
be through the narrative component of the protocol.<br>
That being said, if there really is some core set of mappings that we<br>
all agree are vital, and is otherwise beyond contention -- not just<br>
within our group, but to a high degree of surety in the broadest<br>
international perspective -- perhaps its elements could be articulated<br>
in a manner similar to the one used to permit code points in exception<br>
to the algorithmic output that generates the mainstay repertoire?<br>
This might usefully brake perceived need for locally applied<br>
preprocessing but, again, I don&#39;t see how the protocol can possibly<br>
preclude that alternative in anything even vaguely resembling an<br>
absolute sense. I do, however, see a good deal of damage that might<br>
result if we assume that it can, and prepare it on that basis.<br>
/Cary<br>

--000e0cd32e0a5edb260462fa7f1b--