Eszett and Final Sigma (was: Re: Consensus Call Tranche 8 Results)

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Wed Nov 5 17:26:22 CET 2008

At 14:55 05/11/2008, John C Klensin wrote:
>Unless one argues that doubling the number of DNS queries would have
>an insignificant operational effect, I'd assume the latter would be
>operationally significant.

Not necessarily if doubling the number of DNS queries was a general
security light load alternative to DNSSEC. Another possibility would
be to increment the port or the class number when certain sequences
are observed, in order to properly address the label, or to get it
rejected. Another possibility would be to change the IDNA
implementation architecture without affecting the protocol.

I really think the whole issue should be disambiguated and addressed
with some form of systemic consideration and method at Internet
architectural level.
jfc