Eszett (Sharp-S) again (was: Re: AW: Oustanding issues tracking)

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Wed May 28 10:40:14 CEST 2008

At 09:29 28/05/2008, Marcos Sanz/Denic wrote:
>Mark,
> >    Or just add a DNAME to map from IDNA2003 -> IDNA2008 versions
> >    of the name.
>thanks for the tip. I have no doubt that there would be plenty of
>efficient technical mechanisms to implement mappings or variants at a
>registry level, if that were the registry's aim.

How would this translate for user (non-DE) registration management?
Should not one of these mechanisms to be standardised in order to
maintain some design, usage, management consistency throughout the
DNS usage? Or is there a consensus they are outside of the WG scope
and to be addressed by users?
jfc