English language

Vint Cerf vint at google.com
Mon May 26 11:05:23 CEST 2008

Jefsey,

I think we are going to have to stick with RFC rules for now and that
says clear English for the 4 proposed documents. It does not say
minimize the text.

While translations may be helpful, I would urge not do to anything
like that until we settle on an English language text. Among the
significant concerns about multiple language versions is which is
definitive, but for the present, the English language RFCs are
considered definitive.

Any translations have to be treated as "helpful" but not definitive.

vint