Protocol-00

John C Klensin klensin at jck.com
Fri May 23 02:32:34 CEST 2008

Hi.

For those of you who have not noticed,
draft-ietf-idnabis-protocol-00 is now posted.
Draft-ietf-idnabis-rationale-00 was posted the middle of last
week.

The posted version of "protocol" contains an error (or at least
unclear text that seems to ban records containing _any_ IDNs in
the FQDN) in the discussion of SRV records.  It has been
corrected in the working version of the next draft.  The
contextual rules table still needs major work and I need the
WG's help with that work.   I probably won't post -01 until
there is a bit more of substance in it.

Could I ask that people take a look at the documents and
comment, rather than putting energy into debates that are either
out of scope for the WG or involve nearly pointless speculation
about how these protocols will be used at the margins?  I note
that there have been no comments at all about "rationale".  I
can't believe that is due to its being perfect or even ready for
publication.