Punycode & IMA/EAI

Tina Dam tina.dam at icann.org
Wed May 21 21:57:03 CEST 2008

I don't think I understand why this email-list/group is spending time discussing how popular or not popular IDNs are going to be....the matter of the fact is that IDNs exists at the second level under numerous TLDs, and there are processes underway aiming at making it available at the top level as well.

So, there really is no need to talk about "whether or not" or "how successful or useful" - the development on both technical and policy side are underway and as far as I believe that decision was made some time ago and is not up for debate today.

If you want to talk about usability or try things out, one good place to do that is on the IDN wiki: http://idn.icann.org

Tina