looking up domain names with unassigned code points

Shawn Steele Shawn.Steele at microsoft.com
Mon May 12 18:20:03 CEST 2008

Erik says this nicely :)

> So, I'm going to try to find time to take another good look at the
> long(!) drafts to see if our reasoning is convincing enough. It might
> also be good to simplify and shorten the drafts somehow. Implementers
> are less likely to read and understand our reasons if they are buried
> in long and hard-to-understand documents.

This would be good.  It would also be good to ensure that the structure of the document makes the key points for an implementer easy to find.  And also terms need to be described in a way that those who haven't participated in the discussions can understand.  I haven't read the most recent drafts, but it was challenging understanding the original set of RFCs.

- Shawn