looking up domain names with unassigned code points

Patrik Fältström patrik at frobbit.se
Mon May 12 05:57:28 CEST 2008

In the implementations of IDNA I am writing (more for DNS registration
side than lookup side) I am definitely doing multiple A-label => U-
label => A-label iterations to ensure the string is "stable" and
accepted regardless of whether the string start with an A-label or U-
label. That is the easiest way to check that the string is
"ok" (programmatically). Instead of having different rules depending
on how the label "enter the system".

I would be very very nervous if some document made it "impossible" to
do such tests.

    Patrik