looking up domain names with unassigned code points

Shawn Steele Shawn.Steele at microsoft.com
Sat May 10 07:18:04 CEST 2008

Since we're forward looking and talking about upgrading, forward/back compat, etc:

I should also point out that our APIs have been designed to be replaced by subsequent versions of IDN.  Eg: once a new IDN version is standardized and we make an update and that update is installed on a machine, I expect that the old behavior will no longer be available to applications (at least through our API set).

- Shawn