New version: draft-ietf-idna-tables-01.txt

Vint Cerf vint at google.com
Wed May 7 10:13:25 CEST 2008

Paul,

the other argument favoring leaving the historic scripts in for now
has some legs - what I found rather persuasive was John Klensin's
point about the revival of languages. I thought of such languages as
Irish and Scottish Gaelic and some of the tribal languages of South
Africa that have re-entered the curriculum.  Perhaps it is harder to
assess some of them correctly given these unexpected revivals, so as
you say, leaving them in may be no big deal and avoids the
potentially very difficult task of taking them from disallowed to
PVALID.