Registry restrictions

Vint Cerf vint at google.com
Tue May 6 15:32:02 CEST 2008

I do not agree with this assessment. The purpose behind the standards
is to try to reduce the likelihood of harmful registrations and to
maximize the benefit of IDN use. We plainly are drawing a line
between the use of the standards for this purpose and the
recommendation that other kinds of protection (restriction) be left
to registries to implement.

vint