OT ISO 639-6 (was RE: Changing DISALLOWED (was Re: Reserved general punctuation))

Debbie Garside debbie at ictmarketing.co.uk
Fri May 2 20:06:45 CEST 2008

JFC

The tables for ISO 639-6 will become available when the standard is
published - by the end of June 2008.

You are correct wrt the use of ISO 639-6 and IDNs.  I am currently
developing software related to the writing systems encompassed within ISO
639-6 and UNICODE/ISO 10646.  I am more than sure this will prove useful for
Registrars in their bids to provide IDNs and the provision of "secure phish
free domains".

The final database of linguistic entities will number approximately 40,000+.
As you know, I have been working on this for the past 7 years.  I have yet
to do the analysis on the total number of writing systems the GeoLang Meta
Data Registry will encompass but it will cover at least every written
language contained within ISO 639-3.

I hope this answers your questions.

Apologies to those who feel this is off topic. I will not respond on this
topic further unless a request is received by other list members.

Debbie Garside
Editor ISO FDIS 639-6
Managing Director
GeoLang Ltd