Greek Casefolding sigma

Patrik Fältström patrik at frobbit.se
Fri Mar 28 18:11:43 CET 2008

On 28 mar 2008, at 17.51, John C Klensin wrote:

> I personally believe that you have adequately
> explained the "correct and appropriate" part in your two notes
> and earlier materials posted to the list, but others may have
> different opinions on that subject.   For the second, it would
> be useful to know exactly what your registries, and any other
> registries that might have registered labels in Greek, propose
> to do to deal with differences between the IDNA2003 behavior
> (map to lower-case medial sigma) and your proposed IDNA200X
> behavior (treat final sigma as a normal character).

FWIW, I completely agree with this. I personally think you have
explained why you need the codepoint. What you have to explain is how
incompatibility issues with IDNA2003 are dealt with.

To be very explicit, the codepoint 0x03C2 was not possible to register
according to IDNA2003 as it was mapped to 03C3, so it was DISALLOWED
in IDNA2003, and also DISALLOWED in IDNA200X.

    Patrik