Proposed Charter for the IDNAbis Working Group

Paul Hoffman phoffman at imc.org
Thu Mar 27 17:25:20 CET 2008

At 7:47 PM +0900 3/27/08, Martin Duerst wrote:
>We thought
>that we could achieve the "make full names present better" goal with
>restrictions on single labels, but we were not thorough enough.

I guess we disagree about "we". After the discussion on them original
IDN mailing list which exposed the problems of some types of labels
being next to RTL labels, I certainly had no belief that what we were
doing would look or act correctly. I believe that there was feeling
of "this is the best we can do given the per-label view of IDNA".