missing definitions in draft-faltstrom-idnabis-tables-05

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Thu Mar 27 14:42:32 CET 2008

Patrik,

Implementing the category-deciding algorithm would be simpler if the
many terms used in this document were explained.  For example I could
not find definitions of the following algorithms:

generalCategory()
toNFKC()
toCaseFolded()
property()
block()

I believe it would be useful to include a explicit reference to the
intended definition, most likely in some Unicode document, of each of
these algorithms.

I suggest to add to section 2.1.1:

  The generalCategory() operation returns the General Category for a
  particular Unicode code point.  For more information, see section 4.5
  of [UNICODE5.0].

And in section 2.1.2 add:

  The toNFKC() operation returns the code point in normalization form
  KC.  For more information, see [UNICODE-TR15].

where [UNICODE-TR15] is the Unicode Standard Annex #15.

/Simon