Latest charter version and TODOs from BOF

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Thu Mar 20 13:42:25 CET 2008

Lisa Dusseault <lisa at osafoundation.org> writes:

> Here's the charter version (at bottom) that went up on the slides
> during the IDN BOF:  it's similar to the version that went for
> External Review, but I went ahead and made a few changes that seemed
> to have consensus during External Review (e.g. the name change to
> IDNABIS).

Hi Lisa.  I noticed a simple problem with the text:

> The original Internationalized Domain Name (IDN) WG set the
> requirements for international characters in domain names in
> RFC 3454, RFC3490, RFC3491 and RFC3492 in 2002.

RFC 3454 was not a product from the IDN WG, see the old WG page:

http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/OLD/idn-charter.html

However, the RFC should definitely be mentioned, since it is a critical
part of IDNA.  I suggest to replace that text with:

 The original Internationalized Domain Name (IDN) WG set the
 requirements for international characters in domain names in
 RFC3490, RFC3491 and RFC3492 in 2002.  Those requirements build on
 RFC3454.

/Simon