Remove reference to 4690 from charter

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Tue Mar 18 17:23:23 CET 2008

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 08:35:14PM -0400,
 John C Klensin <klensin at jck.com> wrote
 a message of 41 lines which said:

> However, no charter draft that I have seen says "solve all of the
> problems and address all of the issues that 4690 identified" and I'm
> a little concerned about this level of micro-tuning of the charter
> (whether by removing things or specifying additional ones).

I know the IETF and I'm fairly sure that, if we leave RFC 4690 in the
charter, it will be invoked as a sacred text every time a decision
will have to be made.

The whole approach of 4690 is heavily biased (talking about "dangers"
for characters is specially noticeable) and carries the impression
that IDN themselves are questionable.