Wwhich RFCs the new work would obsolete, vs update or leave alone

Paul Hoffman phoffman at imc.org
Mon Mar 17 21:16:05 CET 2008

Lisa said:

>Here are the TODOs on the charter from the meeting:
>  - Consensus to be more specific which RFCs the new work would
>obsolete, vs update or leave alone

As discussed in the f2f meeting, removing Stringprep from the list of
documents that would be updated is absolutely required. The current
work doesn't update Stringprep, it replaces it within the context of
IDNA200x with a very different paradigm.

Similarly, we should remove Nameprep from the list of documents that
are obsoleted unless we are sure that there are no other RFCs that
rely on Nameprep. If we are sure nothing else relies on Nameprep
(unless it is also relying on IDNA2003 in general), we can keep
Nameprep on the list of things to be obsoleted.