Change of the algorithm

Patrik Fältström patrik at frobbit.se
Sat Mar 15 23:04:33 CET 2008

On 15 mar 2008, at 17.49, Paul Hoffman wrote:

>> NEW:
>>  The algorithm to calculate the value of the derived property is as
>>  follows.
>> >  o  If the codepoint is in Category B (Section 2.1.2), the value is
>>     DISALLOWED.
>>>  o  If the codepoint is in Category C (Section 2.1.3), the value is
>>     DISALLOWED.
>>>  o  If the codepoint is in Category D (Section 2.1.4), the value is
>>     DISALLOWED.
>>  o  If the codepoint is in Category H (Section 2.2.4), the value is
>>     CONTEXTJ.
>>  o  If the codepoint is in Category I (Section 2.2.5), the value is
>>     CONTEXTO.
>
> Can you explain the rationale for each of those moves? In specific,
> what does these moves change between -05 and -06? Given that {Cf} is
> part of C and all of I, it seems like this move would make nothing
> that was supposed to be handled by I ever be allowed.

The rationale is that a codepoint that is in any of the the categories
B, C and D should be DISALLOWED -- if there is no exception or if it
is US-ASCII. Regardless of whether it is part of any of the other
categories.

Maybe I am thinking wrong here, but there are things that are in C and
I (i.e. both). My take is that those codepoints should be DISALLOWED.
Not CONTEXTO.

    Patrik