AW: sharp s (Eszett)

Martin Duerst duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp
Thu Mar 13 08:44:20 CET 2008

At 19:28 08/03/12, Patrik F$BgM(Btstr$B‹N(B wrote:

>Do not compare the $B!,(B-issues with the $Bg(Band $B‹(B Those are accented
>characters in for example German, but not accented characters in the
>Scandinavian languages. In for example Swedish, $Bg(Bis a separate
>character and not an accented a. Doing such a comparison just opens
>(another) can of worms.

Patrick - This is not about whether these characters are "completely
separate" or not (e.g. as evident in differences in sorting order).
I assume that even the Nordic languages have some kind of fallback
rules or practices when some some characters outside the 'basic'
Latin alphabet are not available.

Regards,    Martin.

#-#-#  http://www.sw.it.aoyama.ac.jp       mailto:duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp