Mappings

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Sun Mar 9 14:37:29 CET 2008

On Fri, Mar 07, 2008 at 11:07:20AM -0500,
 John C Klensin <klensin at jck.com> wrote
 a message of 70 lines which said:

> the TLD operators have very little control over what happens at the
> third level and below.  They could try to assert and maintain that
> control contractually but, with a small (and I think shrinking)
> number of exceptions, they don't.

There are TLD which have rules on lower levels? (Besides ".tn" where
the names are not even delegated - everything is stored in the TLD
registry - to avoid questionable names.)

> part of TLDs who refuse to adopt clear policy positions.  [...]  a
> matter for responsible registration policies.

TLD which disagree with you are still clear and responsible.